Note: Buy This Book is no longer under active development. Now that we have the Gutenberg Editor, it’s not needed any more. If anyone on an older version of WordPress wants to use it and still needs support, please contact me.
Buy This Book is a simple WordPress widget plugin designed for authors. It takes cover images and up to six websites, and displays them on the sidebar with a slideout menu.
- Barnes & Noble
- One custom option
- Get it from the WordPress Directory here
- In the WordPress admin screen, click on Plugins -> Add New. Choose the .zip file, upload it and activate it.
- Choose your cover images. Go to Media -> Add New, and upload each image. Copy the direct link for each somewhere handy.
- Go to the Appearance -> Widgets screen. You should now see a new widget called Buy This Book. Click and drag it over to your chosen sidebar, and it’ll open up automatically.
- Fill in the header. This is the widget title, and it’ll display above your books.
- Paste the image link into the appropriate box.
- Add an alt tag if you like.
- Paste a link to your book’s page for each website into the appropriate boxes. Any you don’t use won’t show up.
- Save the widget. You’re done! Check your site and click on the cover images to see the menu slide out from the bottom.
If you find this plugin useful, please spread the word! If you need support, feel free to contact me.